-->

September 09, 2012

Philosophy (Everything Comes in Packaging)

Posted by Christina Morley |


Philosophy
The world’s philosophy
Oh, doesn’t it sound so good to your ears?

Lying
It wasn’t really lying
It was only a tiny, little, white lie

Packaging
Everything comes in packaging
And it’s always made to look so nice

Rights
It’s my right
No one has the right to tell me what to do

Sex
Have safe sex
And you should only begin when you feel ready

Packaging
Everything comes in packaging
And it’s always made to look so nice

Religion
All religions are good
Therefore, there is no one true religion

Truth
The world’s truth
Or God’s truth, which is the only truth

God has promised that if you should know the truth,
The truth will set you free

by Christina Morley

I thought you might be interested to know that I wrote this poem when I was 18 years old. Our modern, western culture dictates to school-going kids the philosophy that they are to embrace. This was my response to that.